We are looking to hire a senior PHP engineer to join our small but experienced team at Mashbo.
Mashbo is a software development consultancy based in Liverpool who are focused on building things people use working with a mixture of local, national and international clients.
Our projects deliver impact to our clients from supporting a national mental health charity supporting over 250,000 people searching for help and support through to supporting tech scale up and developing workflow systems for growth businesses.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced PHP Symfony software engineer to bring knowledge and hands on experience to lead and grow our development team. This role will involve working closely with our technical director to challenge and enhance how we deliver solutions to our clients and grow the businesses own IP.
- Lead the development and architectural decisions of high-performance and scaleable bespoke software applications
- Extensive PHP experience
- Extensive testing experience
- 3+ years of commercial experience
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to maintain, test and review colleagues work
Our stack (Stack Share)
- Symfony 5
- Tailwind UI
Particular interest will be taken where candidates can evidence experience in making architectural decisions. We’d like you to briefly explain the problem and the steps taken to engineer the solution.
We are also interested in your approach to configuring and maintaining underlying infrastructures, with particular attention to periodic patching, testing and deployment.
- £40-55k year salary, depending on experience
- 4 day week (currently in a trial period)
- Remote working
- 20 days holiday
- Christmas and New year shutdown
- Company IP equity
- Private health insurance
- Including access to the Big White Wall
- Ambassador of Hope mental health training
With this role being remote there will be an expectation on the successful candidate being required to attend occasional meetings in Liverpool from time to time.
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter detailing why you should be considered for this role with examples of your work and experience. No recruiters please.